Due to the growth of the German population in Dayton and the overcrowding of Emmanuel church, in April 1859 began the endeavor to establish a parish to meet their needs. The cornerstone was laid on May 17, 1860. Due to the Civil War construction moved slowly and the church was dedicated on August 15, 1861 and the steeple was completed in 1888. Fr. Francis J. Goetz was the first pastor and served until 1899. The school was built next to the church and the faculty had the Brothers for Mary for the boys and the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur to teach the girls. Eventually the Sisters became the only teachers.
Look to Him and be radiant- Psalm 34:5
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org