2021 Lenten Pilgrimage Week 3
Rev. Jeremiah O’Connor was the first pastor from 1853 to 1864. He organized the parish by initially purchasing a schoolhouse that was converted to a church and dedicated in 1867 to the Blessed Virgin Mary. According to the archdiocese Archivist the primary ethnic group in the county were German Catholics. In 1917 fire destroyed the building and in 1920 the present structure was built to serve the urban families and students from Miami University.